A Mastodon instance for people who support Free, Libre, and Open Source Software (FLOSS).
FLOSS.social was launched on 1 April 2018 as a Mastodon instance for people who care about, support, or build Free, Libre, and Open Source Software (FLOSS). Of course, our community discussions aren't limited to just FLOSS. We encourage everyone to share their unique interests! FLOSS.social was installed and is maintained in part by Masto.Host with equipment located at OVH in France.
We care about providing a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone, so we have capped our membership numbers at 1,000. Our members also agree to follow our Code of Conduct, and we respond promptly, seriously, and confidentially to reports of violations.
Our goal is to receive sufficient donations from our users to crowdfund ongoing operational expenses related to operating the instance, as shown below. Various acknowledgements for supporters are available from time to time and will be announced from the community admin account. Funds over 100% of the goal will be held for future related instance needs or in the event donations dip below expenses.
Regular monthly expenses (US Dollars):
- Domain name registration: $46.35/year ($3.87/month)
- Outbound e-mail server and deliverability services: $20/month
- Right-scaled web application hosting, CDN, monitoring: $109/month
- Enhanced ElasticSearch indexing for full-text search: $10/month
- Hosted LibreTranslate server for inline post translation: $15/month
- Matrix server hosting our community space & rooms, and accounts for moderators: $15/month
- Site monitoring: $15/month
Wish list of future improvements:
- Blog, e.g., WriteFreely
- Other ideas that members may dream up in our Matrix chat room!
Thank you for your support!
FLOSS.social posedas la jenajn kontojn en aliaj servoj:
Donacantoj Elporti kiel CSV
FLOSS.social havas 32 publikajn donacantojn.
La 10 plej influaj donacantoj estas:
FLOSS.social aliĝis antaŭ 5 jaroj.